Password Reset Help
Passwords are very important to shopper accounts, and there may come a time when you need to change your password. Or, maybe you’ve forgotten it. Password Best Practices
I am having issues with re-setting my password?
- First off we made a video here to help guide you through the process.
- Please watch the VIDEO HERE and give your password reset or recovery one more try.
Passwords Best Practices
- DO Use Passwords of At Least Ten Characters: The more characters, the more difficult a password is to crack. Length is key. Create lengthy passwords of at least 10 characters!
- DO Create Unique Passwords: Each password you use should be for a unique service (ex. cPanel, MySQL, and your bank account should all have different passwords).
- DO Use a Combination of Character Types: Use numbers, lowercase letters, uppercase letters and symbols in your password. (ex. XkeDZaJ6QG3E8!jKq3%yIOd3)
- DO Change Your Password Often: Change your passwords at least every six months, if not every three months.
- DO Randomly Generate the Password: Use one of the following sites to generate a secure password: Random.org or Random Password Generator
- DO NOT Use Dictionary Words: This one should be obvious. If your password is pizzatime, your server is probably already cracked.
- DO NOT Use Pets, People, Places, Events, etc.: We’re absolutely sure your dog is adorable. But, her name probably isn’t a good password. Unless her name is Tmb1W\>r~ii, then that’s cool.
- DO NOT Reuse Passwords: Let’s say your first password for an account was gCB7%TT^Vm but you were forced to change your password, so you changed it to v8@#TsVaiQ. If you have to change the password for that account again, do NOT go back to gCB7%TT^Vm. Create a new, unique password instead!
- DO NOT Use Adjacent Keyboard Strings: qwerty1234 is not a good password.